- To be responsible for strategic planning, including the creation and adjustment of the Presbytery Plan, and the creation of a strategic overview for the long term.
- To support and encourage the development of missional churches within the Presbytery and without prejudice to the foregoing generality –
- To oversee the process of local church review;
- To set the direction and agree priorities for the work of the Congregational Development Team;
- To be responsible for the development of personnel resources at a local church level and for the deployment of Ministries Development Staff, Ordained Local Ministers and such other staff as appear necessary or desirable from time to time;
- To be responsible for the financial structures required to allow the positive development of local churches, including Giving Agreements and the allocation of the percentage Ministries and Mission allowance; and
- To be responsible for the designation of churches, halls and manses as ‘necessary buildings’ and creating a policy for decision-making regarding buildings.